Here you will find the real estate component for Joomla 1.7 and 2.5 called JooProperty ,which is based on the data model of the component com-property of Fabio Ueltzinger.
Fabio did a great job with his steady development of the components in his spare time and with the property-V4 he tried to find also base to migrate it to Joomla 1.7 and 2.5.
Unfortunately, neither com-property wasn't fully functional in Joomla 1.6, nor it worked in Joomla 1.7.
Out of necessity, to want to continue using the existing data in order not to lose it completely, but beeing technically up to date with my website, I've been looking for a programmer to complete the migration my data of com-property V4 from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7/2.5 to perform.
The migration was despite relatively consistent data model in recent versions and despite the documentation quite lot of work and the code had to be redone from scratch.
The result you see on this page under the menu item JOOPROPERTY DEMO.
JooProperty currently offers the following features:
- Migration of property data from com-property installation in Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7 or 2.5
- List and detailed view with the appropriate menu links
- Joomla Auto-Update function for our subscribers
- Administration of the "Extras" will be on the database so that this object features can be moved and can be easily added or changed
- Translations of the titles and descriptions of the properties, categories, countries, regions etc.
- Ajax Search Module (mod_jooprop_search)
- Module for direct appeal of a property on the reference number (mod_jooprop_refselect)
- Carousel Module for vertical and horizontal view of featured objects (mod_jooprop_carousel)
- Booking calender with 1/2 day reservations for arriving and departure of guests
- Integrated contact and booking request form with ReCaptcha-integration and management function
- Integrated booking including booking management module
- Additional price modell
- Specification of different seasonal prices for the items, which will be considered in the price calculation for booking request
- Simplify image management by shifting the images by dragging and droppin
- Latest Google Map Api V3
- Determination of the geo-data per pin of drag&drop
- Integrated management of PDF-Exposses
Users of property com-V4 can migrate their real estate property data of a com-property V4 installation with a built-import feature in the first version of JooProperty.
Should this lead to problems, we offer a manual migration of data for a small fee.
Now we have arrived at the issue of cost!
The development has cost me a lot, as it wasn't possible for me due to not having enough time and also technically knowledge to do this myself and I therefore had to find a programmer.
With Mr. Michael Cupei I found a very competent and reliable partner. So I and also you as potential future JooProperty users can count on that!
As voluntary donations in most cases doesn't really help, only those people gets the migration-capable basic JooProperty component, who are paying the amount of 20 € for the basci subscription via PayPal. This means that the old com-property real estate data can be imported and presented in Joomla 1.7 or better yet, in Joomla 2.5.
At a price of 50 € you will get the Level1 subscription.
With this subscription you get via an online update the most current version of JooProperty for you registered domain, including the three basic modules Carousel, Ref ID, and Search, and one year of updates for this domain.
In addition, there will be fee-based add-on modules that extend the standard functionality.
But do not worry, the prices are between 5 € - 20 € only to guarantee the development costs in future.
Assuming that each user abides by these fair-use policy and do not give away the purchased code. Only in this way further development is possible. Those who act otherwise harms himself as well, because with no money no more updates or enhancements can be done!
As JooProperty advanced modules are currently available:
- AvailSearch offers free search of properties in accordance with the occupation plans
- ProSearch combines the standard search AvailSearch and offers a free Ajax-text search box with result preview according to the entered characters
- in kürze erhältlich: SearchMap, where real estate result lists can be generated via an image map (see demo)
In order to refinance the costs incurred and may continue we have collect on this way at least an amount of 2,000 €.
Nevertheless, we missed much our stated goal, to reedem at least parts of the development costs through the pre-sale, we still have today announced the release of the components.
The users who have already paid in advance, have got the components now.
In the next days certainly we will get some feedback, so I hope to find more interested people in the component to reduce future development costs!
JooProperty will be in future versions by Joomla update constantly kept up to date.
There will be a feature list and here some points that bother me personally and on what we are working in near future:
- Rating and comment functions
- Easy management of objects on a front-end
- Development of a XMap plugin
- Export of occupancy schedules, etc. (eg interesting for property agents to schedule the houe cleaning etc.)
- and certainly a lot more what we can think of ...
So that we can go one with this work, we expect to award annual subscription to have access to updates.
At a price of up to 50 € for the annual Level1 subscription, I think we are in a fair field and everyone who is joining JooProperty to test the migration of his data gets the Basic-Version for only 20 €).
The subscription price is no usage fee for the component which had to paid every year, but access to updates is only availbale for the paid subscription period and for the registered domain!
I hope we can quickly find many users for JooProperty in future - the faster we can add more features.